Wednesday, March 21, 2007

First blood

The first piece of my new bike arrived. Because it comes with a compact crank 36-50 and I'm ... ah.. old, I ordered a 34 tooth chain ring. It arrived today. Now I'm just waiting for the bike to put it on.
I'm also starting to think about all the other junk I'll need. What computer will I need? Wireless? Cadence? I'll need a weird small brake lever (details to follow) , but which one? Will I need to change the cassette for an 11-23 to maybe 12-25, or 13-27? At this rate I'll be too old to ride by the time I get this bike ready.
UPDATE: Another BikeDirect.com email with tracking number. On schedule for Monday!
Days since bike order: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.