Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Books to read while waiting

I ordered my bike Sunday night. I guess I can't complain too much that it isn't here on Tuesday. But I want to. While I wait, I'm reading books about cycling. Most aren't well written, or very insightful, even if they tell a good story. The exception is Tim Krabbe's (bio) The Rider (Amazon link). Written in 1978 but only recently translated from Dutch, The Rider is a delight. It's a first person story of one race. That may sound dull, but it's a wonderful read. I understand Krabbe is a very popular Dutch writer, but being I live in the USA my chances of even finding out about non-English authors is pretty low. I'm glad I found this one.
Days since bike order: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.