Friday, May 15, 2009

Bike to Work Day 2009

Tricia on the way home from middle school Open House. Every day is bike to work day for her.

Bike to work day seemed a bit bigger this year. I saw more people on the trails, and Antioch had two energizer stations. Tricia and I picked up a couple of grocery bags and patch kits. The people at the Lone Tree energizer station said they saw my announcement for the Ride of Silence in the local paper, so maybe I won't be doing it alone.

At Los Medanos College the turn out wasn't as large. Last year I papered the place with posters. This year there weren't as many. But the students put up a booth and handed out goodies. A volunteer even gave me her BTWD shirt after I'd admired it. Can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.