Sunday, March 23, 2008

Last day of spring break


Tricia and I took my last day of spring break to do the Diablo Loop, plus a bit of wandering around the edges of Walnut Creek. I'd heard there were turkeys on Mt, Diablo (insert your own joke here) but I'd never seen any myself. Then, just a few miles past the Northgate entry there they were, doing their full on turkey thing with the feathers and all, right by the road. It was a weather-perfect day, and the mountain was beautiful. Only one driver tried to kill Tricia, and he missed. So all in all, just another grand day in California.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Great picture! Last week, I caught up to a biker standing at the side of the road, looking off into the underbrush. He said a big female turkey had crossed right in front of him. I got there too late to see it, but I'll be on the lookout when I ride that route again.

    ReplyDelete

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.