Wednesday, September 16, 2015

East Bay Regional Parks Police and the Delta De Anza Trail


I was pretty darn thrilled last week to find East Bay Regional Parks Police Officer Josh Harrington patrolling the trail exactly where I was assaulted.  When I stopped to chat with him he said the department had only recently heard of my attack (thanks Antioch Police for not ever forwarding the report like you said you would) and that he was here just checking things out. He said he knew who I was right away by the wound on my knee that's still rather impressive.

It was so comforting to see him there. Here's hoping for an increased presence along that part of the trail. Who knows, it may even contribute to fewer broken bottles, and wouldn't that be nice.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know they're patrolling. Any chance any suspects have been identified?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are known, but proving it is difficult, perhaps impossible.

      Delete

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.