Monday, May 21, 2007

Pig Farm Hill


Back in the 70s I used to ride up Pig Farm Hill with Matt Gass. There were still pigs there. Matt couldn't ride by without making pig sounds. Now it's just a name. On Sunday Tricia and I rode up Pig Farm and out Bear Valley Road to Upper Happy Valley Road (ouch, steep) and down to Lafayette then back to W.C. and Bay Point BART to home. Trish says it's a steep, switchback ride on the way up rewarded by a scary steep decent with switchbacks on the way down. A good time was had by all. Tricia looked way cool against the glass bricks at BART.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:24 PM

    You've been a prolific blogger lately--school must be out! I did the Three Bears today--I still don't like some of the downhill, but the uphill was fine. I wanna do this PigHill thing w/you guys this summer. Let's ride, my svelte friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:23 PM

    This is my favorite ride next to Morgan Territory and it was great to see it in print in someone else's blog. Perhaps we'll run into each other out there on the road - my friend Nonni and her husband Ish have very noticeable duck heads on their handlebars so you can't miss us!

    ReplyDelete

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.