Sunday, August 26, 2018

New Mavic commuter wheel and tires

I thought I just had a broken spoke on my commuter bike. But alas on closer inspection I also had one the destroyed its eyelet.
I'd never loved these wheels. They came on the bike and needed truing out of the box. So instead of replacing just the rear wheel I got a set of nice Mavic gravel-oriented wheels from The Bike Shop that were take-offs from a bike they'd sold.
I also replaced the indestructible  but slow rolling Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires with Gatorskins. They roll a lot better. Now I'll find out how they do in the land of broken glass and thorns that is my commute.
A post shared by curtis corlew (@cccorlew) on

Mavic Aksium. The new wheels on my commuter bike.

A post shared by curtis corlew (@cccorlew) on

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.