Sunday, December 17, 2017

Hillcrest Highway 4 BART onramp improvements


Apparently sometimes a little person can make a difference. In September I posted a video to Facebook and this blog pointing out the dangerous nature of the bike lane and onramp at Highway 4 and Hillcrest.  I had little hope any thing would change, but at a recent meeting of the Contra Costa Transit Authority they showed plans for phase 1 improvements at the on ramp that include new paint, signage and a promise that Antioch will enforce the no-right-turn from the center lane. They told me they'd be painting today if it wasn't too cold for the paint to stick. 

They even say that in a later phase they say they'll move the bike lane to a safer zone as well. Perhaps out from between lanes of auto traffic.

Apparently my video, and help from Bike East Bay, an East Bay Times story, a receptive Transit board and some local official involvement worked together to make this happen. I look forward to seeing it, and more forward for a further improved plan.

I hope they'll do something like what I propose in the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.