Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New cables

After I broke a spoke on the rear wheel on my commuter bike I figured when I had that fixed I'd get new shifter cables as well. I had some Jagwire cables and was just too worried to install them myself. I had the The Wheel Peddler do it. After watching I'm glad I did. It seems they're a bit different than the 1975 version I'd last installed. They're Teflon and have some sort of magic sleeve and weird ferrels.
The upside is my bike shifts better than it has in years.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:31 PM

    Wow, how'd you break your spoke? Oh wait, don't tell me. When you mean "break," you mean "excuse to buy new shifter cables." (just kidding). Considering what a hastle it was for me to change out my cables (I'm sure you remember), it probably was a good idea to have the bike shop do it for you. (My rear brakes are still pretty weak). Still though, thats a bit scary having a spoke break on you. I'm sure you do more mountain/rough terrain biking than I do but considering the bad wrecks I've had in the past, I've never even dented a wheel let alone break a spoke. I'm sure that was a shocker to hear a loud *Ping* and then *rat tat tat* as it hits your frame. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.