Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cyanotypes and bike parts

Cyanotype bike parts snap_2344 You may know that in my other life, when I'm not on a bicycle, I'm a professor who teaches, among other things, photography. Lately I've been working with cyanotypes as a way to reconnect with the physical part of photography in an increasingly digital world. It's been fun.

My first effort, at Tricia's suggestion, was to make photograms of bike parts, much in the way Anna Atkins did with seaweed in the 1840s. I liked the results enough that I framed a set. I'm not sure how I'll move forward with this. It might be fun to try making them on fabric. Or maybe use nicer paper. But there will be more.
Cyanotype bike parts snap_framed

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.