Saturday, October 07, 2017

Dogs on the bike path

Fifteen seconds of my bike commute in Antioch made less enjoyable by my irresponsible fellow citizens. More fun (or maybe less) with sound.

I had three encounters like this yesterday. The next was a large off-lease dog that charged me. I got off and put the bike between us until the owner grabbed it. The third was a little yip yip dog at the end of an overly long leash trying to get caught in my spokes. What's with dog owners here?

These creatures are going to hurt themselves or me. I've had two people lose control of their small dogs that ended up under my wheels, nearly taking me down and not making the poor dogs feel any better.

Tip o' the hat to the folks on the trail with who have sweet animals under their control. I'm talking to you, guy with five friendly hounds, and you, old guy with the well behaved sitter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.