Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pigs Bears and an Orinda Mystery Lake

Dan on Papa Bear
LanceOldStrong on Papa Bear.

Tricia had a teacher teaching thing on Saturday, so after I dropped her off 8 miles from the event (so she could get a ride in) I met up with LanceOldstrong for my first real ride since our New Years Diablo ride.

I'd fortunately scheduled it to coincide with his 10,000-foot week of hill repeats, so I was able to keep up and even pass on occasion. It was like a SCI-FI movie.

We rode a loopy loop that got us to Pig Farm and the Bears, then Dan, explorer that he is, took us up to lake in Orinda I didn't even know was there. You'll see it in the Strava track. It was quite a climb getting there. And it's fun to see how the rich live too.

All in all, a delightful day with amazingly good weather for a February.

Curtis and Dan at Orinda Lake
Curtis and Dan at the mystery lake
Tricia heads off to her teacher event.

3 comments:

  1. That first photo is incredible!
    Is that tilt shift done in post or a filter on your phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an iPhone photo that got a lot (who knows, maybe too much) Photohop love later. Layers and masks and such. But thanks! I had fun doing it.

      Delete
  2. Midland10:01 PM

    Love that Papa Bear shot.

    ReplyDelete

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.