Sunday, August 19, 2012

Antioch glass vs Schwalbe

Tired tire goes bomm

Schwalbe makes great tires, but not even their efforts can stand up to the glass littered streets of Antioch. I can't even think of the last time I wore out a tire. They generally get cut and ripped before the tread wears out.

This time I was headed out for intervals when the front exploded. I figured it was just another puncture, but when I looked it was a big hole. Fortunately I had a handy Park Tools tire boot in with my spare tube and managed to limp home, change the tire and get at least an abbreviated interval set in.

Next year I think I'll keep running stats on this blog about flats and their causes, and maybe the number of patches I apply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.