Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cycling cures back pain


Cycling cures back pain. Or at least doesn't make it worse.

I've been hard on my body lately. About the time I recovered from my torn calf I tweaked my back. I'd promised myself to not move anything heavy when I worked in the yard, but bags of soil are big. And heavy. So I moved them and trashed my back. A bit of tennis the next day didn't help, and I ended up laying around Saturday with spasms and pain.

Sunday I tried riding. It turns out that riding a bike hurts less than turning over in bed, or even watching TV.

Tricia and I joined Joyce, who we haven't ridden with enough lately, for a near-forty mile ride through Central Contra Costs. We've been in a wind storm for a week, and it was nice to ride in relative calm. Franklin Canyon and the Carquinez Scenic Loop are as pretty as ever, and I felt just fine right up until we got off the bikes.




2 comments:

  1. I tried cycling at it was really great. That day must be full of excitement to both of you. Keep it up!

    back pain relief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Someone reads my blog! Even if it is just a spammer.

      Delete

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.