Sunday, May 03, 2009

Ride of Silence in Antioch


I missed the Ride of Silence last year and didn't want to again. But there isn't one anywhere near Antioch. So I'm rolling my own. I've asked local the cycling club Delta Pedalers to join me, as well as the East Bay Bicycle Coalition. You might join me too. We'll silently ride eight miles or so at less than 12 mph.

We'll meet at Antioch City Hall on 2nd Street on May 20 (that's a Wednesday) at 7 P.M.

We all know someone who's been injured or killed while cycling on public roadways. This ride is for:
  • Mourning those cyclists killed or injured.
  • Telling the world cyclists are not going to be chased or intimidated off the streets we legally share.
  • Making motorists aware of the life long legal, as well as life changing, problems that can ensue from killing a cyclist.
If you can't join me in Antioch, at least think about finding a ride closer to home. They're listed on rideofsilence.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm turning off comment moderation for posts younger than 60 days, so your words will appear right quick.